Real Estate Landscape in Norwalk
At Higgins Group Real Estate, we focus on helping our clients feel at ease and keeping them well-informed, so they will be able to make the best decisions in order to fulfill their goals.As the top real estate firm in Fairfield County, we provide up-to-date information of some of the areas we specialize in.
Here’s some useful information regarding the real estate landscape in Norwalk:
There are over 85,800 residents currently living in Norwalk, and about 3,700 people per square mile. Since 2000, the city has experienced a population growth of 3.55%. The median age of Norwalk residents is 41. The city’s average household size is 2.32 people, and the median home price is $342,700.
Norwalk at a glance
- Norwalk’s unemployment rate is 5.8% (US average is 6.3%). Employment opportunities have increased by 1.74%, and overall job growth in the city is positive – a projected growth of 37.7% is expected over the next ten years.
- 26.47% of Norwalk residents are employed in jobs related to sales and administrative support, followed by jobs in management, finance, and business at 17.75%.
- 33.12% of Norwalk residents are renters. Almost 6% of all houses and apartments in the city are unoccupied.
- Norwalk has an average commute time of 25 minutes, which is equal to the national average.
- Some of Norwalk’s best qualities include its diverse economy, great climate, and close proximity to New York City.
- Public schools in Norwalk spend $17,850 for every student. There are around 14 students per teacher.
Thinking about relocating to Norwalk? Talk to Higgins Group Real Estate. We offer a professional, personalized real estate service guaranteed to help clients fulfill each of their goals. Find out more about Norwalk here. or visit any of their three Norwalk offices.
50 South Water Street
Norwalk, CT 06854
154 East Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06851
151 Rowayton Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06853