Smart homes are synonymous with efficiency, convenience, and security. They also tend to have good resale value. If you’re not too keen on getting major upgrades or having renovations done, here are some gadgets that can transform your house into a smart home:
- Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator – This fridge boasts a Wi-Fi touch screen that lets you keep track of your calendar, recipes, and the weather. It also lets you watch films and TV shows, stream music, and order groceries. An interior camera, which can be accessed through an app, gives you a view of its contents.
- Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt – Instead of relying on standard deadbolts, you can give family members access codes and create temporary ones for house sitters or dog walkers. The Smart Deadbolt connects to a free app called HomeKit, which lets you lock or unlock it using Siri.
- Petcube – This device lets you connect to an HD camera and monitor your pets using your smartphone. Petcube is perfect if you have to be away from home for most of the day – you’ll be able to supervise your pets and see what they’re up to no matter where you are.
- Netatmo – Enhance your home security with Netatmo, a camera that can recognize individual faces. It logs every face it sees and discerns if it’s you or someone from your household. It will send a notification to your smartphone immediately if it detects a stranger.
- Plexidoor Electronic Pet Door – If you’re worried about burglars and stray animals entering your home through the dog flap, you can have this high-tech door installed. It makes use of RFID technology to read a special tag that you can attach to your pet’s collar. This ensures that only your pet can get through the doggy door.
These gadgets will get your get your house running like the home of the future in no time. For more gadgets, check out this list.