Need some help to make the big move a smooth and hassle-free experience? Say goodbye to your worries – we give you several moving hacks that can help make the entire thing easier!
- Try asking local businesses and retailers for boxes you could use.
- Use your suitcases, trash bins, and laundry baskets as boxes.
- Use magazines and newspaper to protect your fragile items, instead of packing peanuts. But make sure the ink doesn’t rub off on your stuff!
- Disassembling some of your furniture? Keep all screws and hardware in neatly labeled plastic bags or envelopes, so you can put everything back easily. You can also simply tape the screws onto the furniture itself.
- Use different colored tape on your boxes, so you’ll easily spot which boxes belong to which room.
- Be sure to list down all contents of each box, and take photos of every list you make. This way, you can simply look on your phone in case you need to search for a specific item.
- Put labels on the sides of boxes, so you’ll be able to see them even when they’re stacked on top of one another.
- Take a photo of the back of your television or other electronic gadgets, so you’ll have a reference for when you hook them back up.
- Use paper towel rolls for electronic wires to avoid dealing with tangled disasters.
- For jewelry, use egg cartons to store necklaces to avoid knotting and tangling.
- Keep lids of pots and pans secured by using rubber bands.
- Remember to buy easy to prepare breakfast items like milk, cereal, and cookies so you’ll have something to eat the morning after moving day.
- If you’re relocating with kids, give them a special box which they can use to store their favorite items.
- Keep important moving day essentials such as your phone charger, toiletries, clothes, and medications in an overnight bag, so you won’t have to search for them in all of your boxes.
Need more handy relocation tips? Take a look at this page.